Frequently asked questions

Does Hawaii have medical marijuana reciprocity with other states?

Yes. A qualifying out-of-state patient and a caregiver of a qualifying out-of-state patient may register with the department of health as established by rule.  The registration shall be effective for no more than sixty days and may be renewed for no more than one additional sixty-day period that begins no later than twelve months after the preceding registration date; provided that the department shall not register any qualifying out-of-state patient for a period that exceeds the term of validity of the qualifying out-of-state patient’s authority to use medical cannabis in the qualifying out-of-state patient’s home jurisdiction.