Yes, medical marijuana patients in Connecticut can have a caregiver.
To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
1. Patient or physician must identify Caregiver on their initial application form.
2. The caregiver must create an account with the DAS Business Network to access the online certification system. Use the following link to register for an account: https://www.biznet.ct.gov/dcp-mmrp.
Caregiver must provide a passport-sized photograph or valid ID, proof of address, valid email address, telephone number and undergo a criminal background check.
If mailing documents, please send to:
of Consumer Protection
Medical Marijuana Program
165 Capitol Ave,
Hartford, CT 06106-1630
Caregivers must read and affirm each statement on the webpage by selecting “Yes”.
3. The caregiver application fee is $25.00. If mailing in the fee, please make check or money order payable to: Treasurer, State of CT
4. See here for more: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DCP/drug_control/MMP/pdf/PatientReferenceCardHiRespdf.pdf
To be qualified as a patient’s primary caregiver, you must:
– Be 18 years old or older;
– Agree to undertake responsibility for managing the well-being of the qualifying patient with respect to the palliative use of marijuana;
– Have not been convicted of a violation of any law pertaining to the illegal manufacture, sale or distribution of a controlled substance; and
– Not be the qualifying patient’s physician. In addition, if the qualifying patient lacks legal capacity, you must be the patient’s parent, guardian or other person having legal custody of the patient.