Frequently asked questions

What do I need to apply for a Vermont medical marijuana card?

Must reside in Vermont with a valid Driver’s License or Non-Driver ID.
Proof of residence can include recent correspondence with a state department (e.g. Vermont DMV) and/or recent bank statements from within the past 3 months.
Must be diagnosed with a Qualifying Condition by a qualified health professional through an in-person examination that the patient has at least a six (6) month relationship. Qualified Healthcare professional must complete a full assessment of the patients medical history and current medical conditions, in addition to a personal physical examination.
Vermont defines a qualified Health Care Professional as a:
Physician (M.D. or D.O.)
Physician Assistant (P.A. or PA-C)
Naturopathic Physician (N.D.)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
They must be licensed in Vermont, New Hampshire, New York or Massachusetts.
Vermont does not require specialized training to evaluate patients to issue Medical Marijuana Recommendations.
A Licensed Mental Health Care Provider is defined as a:
Person licensed to practice medicine, who is a specialist in Psychiatry.
Clinical Social Worker
Clinical Mental Health Counselor
Must submit an Application to the Vermont Medical Registry (VMR) to receive a Medical Marijuana Identification Card (Registry Identification Card).

Patients must list the dispensary they wish to use. Patients changing their Designated Dispensary at any time must complete a Change of Information Form.