Frequently asked questions

What documents do I need to apply for a Washington medical marijuana card?

Patients must be a resident in the state of Washington and have photo I.D. produced by the state of Washington, such as an I.D. card or a Driver’s Licence. Out-of-state ID is not accepted.

Patients must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. If under the age of eighteen (18), patients must have a designated provider. Patients under the age of 21 cannot receive Medical marijuana that was produced, processed or delivered through a cooperative garden, nor participate in a cooperative garden. The designated provider can only participate on behalf of the patient.

Patients must be diagnosed with one or more of the qualifying condition(s), and provide evidence of their condition/s with their medical records.

If Patients receive an authorization from a Healthcare Practitioner, patients are able to grow up to four (4) plants. If patients are authorized to grow more than four (4) plants, they can access the benefits of being a regonized card holder by taking their authorization form to a Medically Endorsed Marijuana Store. They will then be entered into the Medical Marijuana Authorization Database and the plants the patient has been allotted to grow will be printed on a card.