My experience at Good Greens Dispensary was very good, they did a great job with help explaining and helping me obtain a medical card.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Oklahoma
2 Year Doctor’s Recommendation Letter
Instant .PDF Download
24/7 Online Verification
No Appointment Necessary
HIPAA Compliant - Privacy Guaranteed
Register online & speak to an Oklahoma licensed physician.
Get approved and instantly download your certificate.
Register with OMMA using your doctor's certificate.
Receive your medical card within 30 days and buy your medicine in Oklahoma.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community and get exclusive updates and deals!
Trusted By 60,000+ Patients
See what patients say about Leafwell
Easy peasy, quick turnaround. ????????
It was super easy and everyone was so nice 🙂
Got my Oklahoma medical card from here with ease. Nice, helpful people.
Quick concise service and friendly too.
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Common conditions cannabis recommended for include
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Chemotherapy Side-Effects
- Chronic Pain
- Irritable Bowel Diseases (IBS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Coeliac Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Radiation Therapy Side-Effects
- Severe Nausea
- Any chronic condition or symptom
Frequently Asked Questions
Recommendation letter on its own = $99 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = $100*
Renewal fee = $99
* Individuals who provide acceptable proof of Medicaid (SoonerCare) or Medicare enrollment or status as a 100% disabled veteran will pay a reduced fee of $20.
Oklahoma’s law does not include any qualifying conditions. This makes it one of the most lenient medical marijuana programs in the United States and may account for why one in 13 Oklahomans have a medical marijuana card.
Instead, each individual medical marijuana doctor is able to issue certificates based on their own judgement – much like they do when prescribing traditional medications.
If you’re not sure if your condition can be helped by medical marijuana, we recommend you do some research on our conditions page. After that if you feel that you could benefit from cannabis, book an appointment with one of our online medical marijuana doctors and speak with them about your condition and your research. Then they can either approve or deny you based on their medical experience and your anecdotal evidence.
Telemedicine for medical cannabis is legal in Oklahoma. Therefore Leafwell’s services are accessible via telehealth in Oklahoma.
There are three simple steps to seeing a Leafwell provider in Oklahoma to obtain your medical-marijuana card:
1. Create a Leafwell account using a valid email address and choosing a password. You’ll then be asked to complete a brief questionnaire of personal and health information and to either take or upload a photograph of identification (Leafwell is required by law to verify your identity). You will need a smartphone, computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a working camera to be seen by a Leafwell provider.
2. Next, you will be taken to the virtual waiting room where you’ll be connected Leafwell provider for a video chat (i.e., a virtual doctor’s visit). (You will receive a text message to your cell phone when the provider is ready to see you.) During the video chat, the provider will assess your health situation to determine if you qualify for a medical-marijuana certification.
3. If you are approved for a medical-marijuana card, you’ll be sent a copy of your recommendation letter via email. You can then use this to register with OMMA (Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority) and submit your application for your medical card.
Leafwell requires the following documents for your online visit:
– Photo ID (e.g., driver’s permit/license, state ID, or U.S. passport)
– Proof of address (e.g., utility bill, mortgage, rental lease, bank statement)
– Medical records (e.g. patient history, doctor’s notes, prescription information/history, imaging/scan results)
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Oklahoma.
In Oklahoma, you can get a medical marijuana card for a minor with parental/guardian consent. Minor patients (those who are aged under 18 and in need of medical cannabis) will need two doctors’ recommendations.
Medical marijuana has been proven to be effective for many conditions suffered by children. The Leafwell providers understand this and frequently work with parents to help them get their children fthe medical care they need.
Yes, medical marijuana patients in Oklahoma can have a caregiver. Click here on the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) website to read more. According to Oklahoma law, a caregiver must be a family member or assistant who regularly looks after the medical marijuana patient for whom they are applying to be caregiver. Applications will be collected at omma.ok.gov. A valid email address is required for login. This email address will be used to send notices once an account is created.
The Physician Recommendation Form attached to the patient’s application must include certification of his or her need for a caregiver in order for a caregiver to submit an application. Caregivers of adult patients must submit the Caregiver Designation Form signed by the patient or, if applicable, the adult patient’s legal guardian. Parent/legal guardian caregivers of minor patients must submit the Caregiver Designation Form . Minor patients may have up to two designated caregivers who are parents or legal guardians. Minor patients need certification from two physicians qualified to practise in Oklahoma.
To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
- Patient must have a medical marijuana certificate from an Oklahoma licensed physician.
- The Physician Recommendation Form attached to the patient’s application must include certification of his or her need for a caregiver in order for a caregiver to submit an application.
- Submit the Caregiver Designation Form
- Once approved, you will be sent a Caregiver’s medical marijuana identification card.
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card. If you’re a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform, and the process is quick and easy. If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal.
Oklahoma medical marijuana recommendations are valid for two years. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we’ll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Oklahoma, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
– Three (3) ounces (84.9 grams) of marijuana on your person
– One (1) ounce (28.3 grams) of concentrated marijuana
– Seventy-two (72) ounces (2,037.6 grams) of edible marijuana
– Eight (8) ounces (226.4 grams) of marijuana in your residence
If you have a medical marijuana card, you can buy cannabis in Oklahoma at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Also, you can grow your own cannabis – up to six plants per card holder. There are no current restrictions on how many plants can be grown in a house but the plants must be out of sight.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
– Alaska ^
– Arkansas *
– California ^
– Colorado ^
– Hawaii *
– Oklahoma *
– Oregon ^
– Puerto Rico
– Washington ^
– Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
There is a state database of Medical Marijuana Card holders. Dispensaries can use this to verify a patient or caregiver. Healthcare workers and law enforcement also have access. However, the database is not available to the public.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Oklahoma:
– June 26, 2018 – voters legalized medical marijuana. The state then became the quickest ever to implement an effective medical cannabis law and started accepting applications two months later
– September 24, 2018 – reduced the penalty for simple possession of marijuana to a fine, capped at $400 (previously it had been $1,200 and six months in jail
– March, 2019 – possession limits were increased to up to 8 oz of marijuana at home, up to 3 oz on one’s person, up to 1 oz of concentrated marijuana and up to 72 oz of edibles.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Oklahoma and experienced medical marijuana doctors. We’re committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
Yes, a Medical Marijuana patient or their caregiver can grow up to six mature plants and six immature/seedling plants.
Leafwell works in partnership with several dispensaries and others in Oklahoma, so we do not necessarily have a traditional doctor’s clinic in all cases. Rather, what we have are hubs, where you can enter a virtual clinic and speak to a medical marijuana doctor online in order to get certified. This means that you do not necessarily have to go to a location to qualify for medical cannabis – Oklahoma residents can do so from anywhere in Oklahoma, as long as they have an internet connection and a smartphone, tablet or computer with camera, microphone and speakers. Our hubs exist to make medical cannabis as accessible as possible to all. During these COVID-19 time, it may not always be possible to visit these hubs, but you can still speak to a medical cannabis doctor online from 7 am to 7 pm, 7 days a week, from wherever you like!
Leafwell MD Ardmore
915 3rd Ave NW, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Leafwell MD OK City
5609 N Pennsylvania Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73112, USA
Leafwell MD Oklahoma City
2640 NW 10th St suite F, Oklahoma City, OK 73107, USA
Leafwell MD Oklahoma City
6409 S Western Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73139, USA
Leafwell MD Tulsa
9999 S Mingo Rd Suite V Tulsa, OK 74133 United States
Leafwell MD Tulsa
1333 N Utica Ave, Tulsa, OK 74110, USA
Leafwell MD Tulsa
316 S Rockford Ave, Tulsa, OK 74120, USA
See A Leafwell Physician Today
Get approved for medical marijuana online from a licensed physician. Only pay if you are approved.Get Started