Meet Dr. Lewis Jassey, Medical Director for Leafwell. Here, he is speaking with Emily (aka Strawberry Sequoia) of The Mary Jane Experience, a podcast that, to quote from their website, takes a “close look at the Cannabis industry from multiple angles.” This includes interviews with experts, product reviews and, of course, the the science behind cannabis.
Dr. Lewis Jassey is a pediatrician with 25 years of experience in his field, and has been on the staff with 5 different pediatric departments in New York. Dr. Jassey has expertise in several different fields of medicine, including successfully treating patients with ADD/ADHD, autism, anxiety, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). Dr. Jassey is also a Doctor of Osteopathy. He has also run a practice serving over 15,000 patients.
On top of all of this, Dr. Jassey has also lectured nationally on pharmacogenetic testing, interpretation, & implementation for companies like Abbott Pharmaceuticals and Emgenex. We highly recommend listening to this podcast, where Dr. Jassey discusses:
- COVID-19 and the coronavirus pandemic
- The impact of the pandemic on the medical cannabis industry
- Qualifying for a medical cannabis card online via telemedicine
- Some advice for immunocompromised patients
- Some of the laws surrounding telemedicine in different states
- Cannabis pharmacogenetics and interactions between cannabis and other drugs & medications
- Testing which cannabinoid profile is ideal for a specific patient
- Cannabinoids as a pediatric medication, in particular for children with cancer and autism
- Contributing to patient studies with Leafwell
Get your medical cannabis certificate and MMJ card online with Leafwell. And yes, we can provide certification for children too, if they have a qualifying condition and a caregiver. Just click on the button below to get started! Oh, and feel free to send us any questions or comments! You can visit our Ultimate Guide to Getting a Medical Marijuana Card for more general information.