The process was super easy, fast,and the doctor that saw me was very kind. Definitely recommend!
Register your details below to book an appointment with a licensed physician.
1 Year Doctor’s Recommendation Letter
Speak to an Arkansas-Licensed Physician
Register online & book an appointment via Leafwell with an Arkansas physician. i
Attend your appointment. Get approved and receive your doctor’s MMJ certificate.
Log into the state website and submit your doctor’s certificate and application. i
Receive your medical card and shop in Arkansas.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community and get exclusive updates and deals!
Trusted By 60,000+ Patients
See what patients say about Leafwell
Obtaining my medical marijuana card was a very quick and easy process, getting approved by the doctor took less than a minute on the phone. Definitely would recommend to go through these guys!
So convenient, professional and made it all painless! Thank you!!
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Common conditions cannabis recommended for include
- Alzheimer's Disease (AD)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Crohn's Disease
- HIV/AIDS (Positive Status_
- Seizures (including those characteristic of Epilepsy)
- Severe Arthritis
- Severe, Chronic and Intractable Pain (pain that has not responded to ordinary medications, treatment or surgical measures for more than six (6) months)
- Severe Nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristics of multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Tourette's Syndrome (TS)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Frequently Asked Questions
Medical marijuana certificate letter on its own = $149 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = $50
Renewal fee = $149
In Arkansas, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana certificate and card:
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease
Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
HIV/AIDS (Positive Status_
Seizures (including those characteristic of Epilepsy)
Severe, Chronic and Intractable Pain (pain that has not responded to ordinary medications, treatment or surgical measures for more than six (6) months)
Severe or persistent muscle spasms, including those characteristics of multiple sclerosis (MS)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Telemedicine for medical cannabis was briefly made legal in Arkansas after emergency legislation was passed during Covid-19. However, this is no longer the case, and you must once again see a physician in-person for an initial consultation before you can be certified for medical cannabis.
Here’s how to get your Arkansas MMJ certificate and obtain your medical marijuana card:
1. Register your details in the form above, giving your name, email addres, phone number and reason for medical cannabis.
2. You will then join a waitlist and be notified when a physician near you is available. (Or should telemedicine qualifications become available again!)
3. Once you have set up a time and date, If you are approved, you’ll be sent a copy of your medical marijuana certificate (sometimes also known as a “recommendation”) via mail and/or email.
4. You must log onto the Arkansas state medical marijuana website and submit your doctor’s certificate and application in order to get your medical marijuana card and legally consume cannabis. Applications can take up to 14 days (two weeks) to process.
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Arkansas. Caregivers must be 21 years of age.
In Arkansas, you can get a medical marijuana card for a minor with parental/guardian consent. Medical marijuana has been proven to be effective for many conditions suffered by children.
The Leafwell providers understand this and frequently work with parents to help them get their children the medical care they need.
In order to qualify for a caregiver mmj card in Arkansas, you must:
– Be 21 years of age or older.
– The individual you are providing care for must be physically disabled or a minor.
– Have not been convicted of an excluded felony offense.
– Be an Arkansas resident with proof of residency (AR Driver’s License or AR State ID card).
– State law prohibits members of Arkansas National Guard and United States Military from obtaining a registry ID card.
To apply as a caregiver in Arkansas, follow this process:
1. Speak to a physician at Leafwell alongside the patient who needs a medical marijuana card (if possible).
2. Register and create an account here: https://ammsys.adh.arkansas.gov/
3. Complete the application form and pay the application fee ($50).
4. You will know if your application has been successful within 14 days of submission.
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card, but unfortunately Arkanas no longer allow for online medical marijuana certification. If you’re a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform. If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal after you’ve set up an appointment.
Arkansas medical marijuana certificates are valid for one year. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we’ll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Arkansas, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
2.5 ounces of cannabis flower every 14 days.
If you have a medical marijuana card or certificate letter, you can buy cannabis in Arkansas at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Also, you can grow your own cannabis – up to six plants per person per household, with a maximum of 3 mature plants.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
– Alaska ^
– Arkansas *
– California ^
– Colorado ^
– Hawaii *
– Oklahoma *
– Oregon ^
– Puerto Rico
– Washington ^
– Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
Registry to the Arkansas state medical marijuana program is mandatory to legally use medicinal cannabis in Arkansas. However, the database is not accessible by the general public.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Arkansas:
2016 – Medical marijuana is legalized, allowing patients to possess up to 2.5 ounces of cannabis on their person over a 14 day period.
2017 – Applications for medical marijuana registration are being accepted.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Arkansas and experienced medical marijuana doctors. We’re committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
No, medical marijuana card holders cannot grow cannabis in Arkansas.
The below address is not a clinic, but did once host the ability to connect to a physician online. You can still join the waiting list online from this location.
Leafwell MD Little Rock
7303 Kanis Rd, Little Rock, AR 72204, USA