Very quickly done and easy to deal with. Discussed my issues and was given the help I need.
1 Year Doctor’s Certificate
Instant .PDF Download
24/7 Online Verification
No Appointment Necessary
Register online & speak to a Connecticut licensed physician.
Get approved and download your doctor’s certificate.
Submit your application on the State website and pay for your card.
A temporary certificate will be emailed to you. Print it out and buy your medicine i
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community and get exclusive updates and deals!
Trusted By 60,000+ Patients
See what patients say about Leafwell
Quick easy and fast. I had knee surgery back in January and they found arthritis forming. The next step would’ve been to put me on opioids. I want to thank them for providing an alternative for pain management.
Shocked how easy! Kind and understanding, definitely the best way to get your med card.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Common conditions cannabis recommended for include
- Alzheimer's Disease (AD)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig's Disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy - inc. minors
- Chronic Debilitating Migraine
- Chronic Neuropathic Pain Associated with Degenerative Spinal Disorders
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Type 1 and Type II
- Crohn's Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF) - inc. minors
- Epilepsy - inc. minors
- Hydrocephalus with Intractable Headache
- Intractable Headache Syndromes
- Irreversible Spinal Cord Injury with Objective Neurological Indication of Intractable Spasticity - inc. minors
- Muscular Dystrophy (MD) - inc. minors
- Neuropathic Facial Pain
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta - inc. minors
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis - Severe
- Spasticity or Neuropathic Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia
- Uncontrolled Intractable Seizure Disorder - inc. minors
- Terminal Illness Requiring End-Of-Life Care - inc. minors
Frequently Asked Questions
Medical marijuana certificate on its own = $199 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = $100. $25 for caregivers.
Renewal fee = $149
In Connecticut, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana certificate and card:
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease
Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
Cerebral Palsy – inc. minors
Chronic Debilitating Migraine
Chronic Neuropathic Pain Associated with Degenerative Spinal Disorders
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), Type 1 and Type II
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) – inc. minors
Epilepsy – inc. minors
Hydrocephalus with Intractable Headache
Intractable Headache Syndromes
Irreversible Spinal Cord Injury with Objective Neurological Indication of Intractable Spasticity – inc. minors
Muscular Dystrophy (MD) – inc. minors
Neuropathic Facial Pain
Osteogenesis Imperfecta – inc. minors
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Rheumatoid Arthritis – Severe
Spasticity or Neuropathic Pain Associated with Fibromyalgia
Uncontrolled Intractable Seizure Disorder – inc. minors
Terminal Illness Requiring End-Of-Life Care – inc. minors
Telemedicine for medical cannabis is legal in Connecticut. Therefore Leafwell’s services are accessible via telehealth in Connecticut.
There are three simple steps to seeing a Leafwell provider in Connecticut to obtain your medical marijuana card:
1. Create a Leafwell account using a valid email address and choosing a password. You’ll then be asked to complete a brief questionnaire of personal and health information and to either take or upload a photograph of identification (Leafwell is required by law to verify your identity). You will need a smartphone, computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a working camera to be seen by a Leafwell provider.
2. Next, you will be taken to the virtual waiting room where you’ll be connected Leafwell provider for a video chat (i.e., a virtual doctor’s visit). (You will receive a text message to your cell phone when the provider is ready to see you.) During the video chat, the provider will assess your health situation to determine if you qualify for a medical marijuana certification.
3. A temporary certificate will be emailed to you if you are approved for a medical marijuana card. Print it out and buy your medicine. The temporary certificate is valid for up to 60 days, or when you receive the hard copy of your CT MMJ card.
Leafwell requires the following documents for your online visit:
– Photo ID (e.g., driver’s permit/license, state ID, or U.S. passport)
– Proof of address (e.g., utility bill, mortgage, rental lease, bank statement)
– Medical records (e.g. patient history, doctor’s notes, prescription information/history, imaging/scan results)
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Connecticut. Caregivers must also be 18 years of age.
Currently Leafwell is unable to provide medical marijuana certifications for anyone under the age of 18 in Connecticut. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Yes, medical marijuana patients in Connecticut can have a caregiver.
To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
1. Patient or physician must identify Caregiver on their initial application form.
2. The caregiver must create an account with the DAS Business Network to access the online certification system. Use the following link to register for an account: https://www.biznet.ct.gov/dcp-mmrp.
Caregiver must provide a passport-sized photograph or valid ID, proof of address, valid email address, telephone number and undergo a criminal background check.
If mailing documents, please send to:
of Consumer Protection
Medical Marijuana Program
165 Capitol Ave,
Hartford, CT 06106-1630
Caregivers must read and affirm each statement on the webpage by selecting “Yes”.
3. The caregiver application fee is $25.00. If mailing in the fee, please make check or money order payable to: Treasurer, State of CT
4. See here for more: https://portal.ct.gov/-/media/DCP/drug_control/MMP/pdf/PatientReferenceCardHiRespdf.pdf
To be qualified as a patient’s primary caregiver, you must:
– Be 18 years old or older;
– Agree to undertake responsibility for managing the well-being of the qualifying patient with respect to the palliative use of marijuana;
– Have not been convicted of a violation of any law pertaining to the illegal manufacture, sale or distribution of a controlled substance; and
– Not be the qualifying patient’s physician. In addition, if the qualifying patient lacks legal capacity, you must be the patient’s parent, guardian or other person having legal custody of the patient.
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card. If you’re a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform, and the process is quick and easy. If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal.
Connecticut medical marijuana certificates are valid for one year. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we’ll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Connecticut, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
1 month’s supply of cannabis. The amount is to be determined by physician’s recommendations from your initial appointment and according to your condition.
If you have a medical marijuana card or certificate letter, you can buy cannabis in Connecticut at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
– Alaska ^
– Arkansas *
– California ^
– Colorado ^
– Hawaii *
– Oklahoma *
– Oregon ^
– Puerto Rico
– Washington ^
– Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
Registry to the Connecticut medical marijuana program is mandatory. However, the public cannot access the database.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Connecticut:
2011 – Cannabis is decriminalized.
2012 – Governor Malloy signed into law a medical marijuana program for his state, following a 21–13 vote in the Senate.
2018 – In April 2018, a recreational marijuana bill was approved to be sent to the General Assembly in a 27–24 vote. Connecticut has not legalized recreational cannabis.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Connecticut and experienced medical marijuana doctors. We’re committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
No, you cannot cultivate marijuana in Connecticut even if you have an MMJ Card.
No matter where you are in Connecticut, you can speak to a medical marijuana doctor online via telehealth with Leafwell. Our online virtual clinic is open from 7 am to 7 pm, seven days a week. All you need is a smartphone, tablet or computer with an internet connection, and you’re ready to go for your medical mariuana evaluation and mmj certification.
Leafwell does have some physical locations, but these vary from kiosks where you can speak to a doctor online to actual physician’s clinics where you can speak to a qualified medical marijuana doctor. However, opening hours differ in such locations, and COVID-19 rectrictions means that the best way to qualify for a medical marijuana certificate and card is online using your own device wherever possible.
Leafwell MD Groton
79 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT 06340, United States
See A Leafwell Physician Today
Get approved for medical marijuana online from a licensed physician. Only pay if you are approved.Get Started