I would highly recommend this service
Speak to a Florida Licenced Physician
30 Week Doctor’s Medical Cannabis Certification
Instant .PDF Download
24/7 Online Verification
No Appointment Necessary
Register and speak to a Florida licensed physician online.
Get approved and receive your doctor's certificate in minutes.
Submit your renewal application on the State website 30 days before expiration.
Continue to shop at any Florida licensed dispensary.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community and get exclusive updates and deals!
Trusted By 60,000+ Patients
See what patients say about Leafwell
He [the doctor] was very professional and thorough. Answered all of my questions and was extremely professional.
Fast, easy, the recommendation showed up instantly. Highly recommend
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Common conditions cannabis recommended for include
- AIDS/HIV (positive status)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig's Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson's Disease (PD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Terminal Condition that is diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
- Chronic Pain (Nonmalignant) caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition
- Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
Frequently Asked Questions
Medical marijuana certificate on its own = $125 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = $75. There is a $2.75 processing fee.
Renewal fee = $125
In Florida, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana certificate and card:
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease
Chronic Pain (Nonmalignant) caused by a qualifying medical condition or that originates from a qualifying medical condition and persists beyond the usual course of that qualifying medical condition
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Parkinson’s Disease (PD)
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Terminal Condition that is diagnosed by a physician other than the qualified physician issuing the physician certification
Medical conditions of the same kind or class as or comparable to those above
Telemedicine for medical cannabis is legal in Florida. Therefore Leafwell’s services are accessible via telehealth in Florida.
However, you can only apply for a renewal with telemedicine.
First time cannabis card holders will need to see a doctor in person.
There are three simple steps to seeing a Leafwell provider in Florida to obtain your medical marijuana card:
1. Create a Leafwell account using a valid email address and choosing a password. You’ll then be asked to complete a brief questionnaire of personal and health information and to either take or upload a photograph of identification (Leafwell is required by law to verify your identity). You will need a smartphone, computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a working camera to be seen by a Leafwell provider.
2. Next, you will be taken to the virtual waiting room where you’ll be connected Leafwell provider for a video chat (i.e., a virtual doctor’s visit). (You will receive a text message to your cell phone when the provider is ready to see you.) During the video chat, the provider will assess your health situation to determine if you qualify for a medical marijuana certification.
3. If you are approved for a medical marijuana card, you’ll be sent a copy of your certificate letter via email. You can use this certificate to apply directly to the Florida Medical Marijuana Program to renew your card.
Leafwell requires the following documents for your online visit:
– Photo ID (e.g., driver’s permit/license, state ID)
– Proof of address (e.g., utility bill, mortgage, rental lease, bank statement)
– Medical records (e.g. patient history, doctor’s notes, prescription information/history, imaging/scan results)
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Florida. Caregivers must be 21 years of age.
In Florida, you can get a medical marijuana card for a minor with parental/guardian consent. Medical marijuana has been proven to be effective for many conditions suffered by children. The Leafwell providers understand this and frequently work with parents to help them get their children the medical care they need.
Yes, medical marijuana patients in Florida can have a caregiver. The caregiver fills out their own application form, and must be listed on the patient’s application form as well. Caregivers and patients must renew their physician’s recommendation/certification 45 days prior to the card expiration date.
To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
1. Retrieve your login credentials for the Medical Marijuana Use Registry from your email. https://knowthefactsmmj.com/patients/cards/#apply
2. Access the “Your Card” page in the Medical Marijuana Use Registry to complete your online application. https://mmuregistry.flhealth.gov/. You must apply to the Medical Marijuana Use Registry (MMUR) to become a legal medical marijuana caregiver. https://knowthefactsmmj.com/patients/cards/#how-to-apply
3. Supply all necessary documentation and submit your payment information for the $75 processing fee.
4. Once qualified, you will be sent a medical marijuana card. Please note: at the moment, we can only renew existing medical marijuana patients via telehealth, not process new applications.
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card. If you’re a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform, and the process is quick and easy. If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal.
Florida medical marijuana certificates are valid for 30 weeks. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we’ll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Florida, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
A qualified physician may recommend up to six 35-day supplies of smokable medical marijuana. A 35-day order may not exceed 2.5 ounces. Patients may only possess up to 4 ounces of medical marijuana in a form for smoking at any given time.
There is a limit of 10% THC on medical marijuana products.
If you have a medical marijuana card and physician’s certificate, you can buy cannabis in Florida at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
– Alaska ^
– Arkansas *
– California ^
– Colorado ^
– Hawaii *
– Oklahoma *
– Oregon ^
– Puerto Rico
– Washington ^
– Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
Patients must enrol on the Florida Compassionate Use Registry in order to legally access medical cannabis. However, this registry is not public.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Florida:
2014 – CBD oil is legalized. Florida Amendment 2, which would have legalized medical cannabis, fails.
2016 – In March 2016, Gov. Scott signed into law House Bill 307 to expand the state’s Right to Try Act (allowing the use of certain drugs for terminally ill patients) to include the use of cannabis.The bill also sought to address problems that had arisen with the implementation of the state’s CBD law that was approved in 2014. House Bill 307 passed the House 99–16 and the Senate 28–11.
Amendment 2 is approved.
2019 – A bill that removed the prohibition on smoking was signed into law in March 2019.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Florida and experienced medical marijuana doctors. We’re committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
No, you cannot cultivate marijuana in Florida even if you have an MMJ Card.
Please note that, due to COVID-19 restrictions and the opening hours of our partner businesses, our opening times differ for physical locations. The easiest and safest way of getting your medical marijuana certificate is online with Leafwell, and we do not want you to be disappointed if you visit one of our locations and we cannot serve you to the best of our ability.
You can speak to a doctor any time from 7 am to 7 pm, Monday to Sunday, from anywhere in Florida. All you need is a tablet, smartphone or computer with a working set of speakers, microphone and camera, and a reliable internet connection. Then, you can speak to a qualified medical marijuana doctor in a matter of minutes!
See A Leafwell Physician Today
Get approved for medical marijuana online from a licensed physician. Only pay if you are approved.Get Started