I did my renewal with them because it was so quick and easy the first time. The best place to get a medical marijuana card.
1 Year Doctor’s Recommendation Letter
Instant .PDF Download
24/7 Online Verification
No Appointment Necessary
Register online & speak to a Maine licensed physician.
Get approved and download a PDF of your doctor’s certificate.
Get the original certificate in the mail in 3-5 days.
Shop at any Maine dispensary. i
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community and get exclusive updates and deals!
Trusted By 60,000+ Patients
See what patients say about Leafwell
LeafWell representatives were outstanding, expeditious and thorough. Leafwell made renewing my card both convenient and affordable. Thank you for all your assistance and for being consummate pros.
Quick and easy! I was in pain, so extremely happy about the prompt response and action.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Common conditions cannabis recommended for include
- AIDS/HIV (positive status)
- Alzheimer's Disease (AD)
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), aka Lou Gehrig's Disease
- Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
- Cancer or the treatment of cancer, inc. side-effects of chemotherapy
- Chronic Intractable Pain
- Crohn's Disease
- Epilepsy and disorders that can cause seizures
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and irritable bowel diseases (IBDs)
- Severe Nausea
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms including Multiple Sclerosis
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Frequently Asked Questions
Recommendation letter on its own = $69 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = No state application fee in Maine.
Renewal fee = $69
In Maine, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana recommendation and card:
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease
Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
Cancer and the treatment of the side-effects of chemotherapy Chronic Intractable Pain
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and irritable bowel diseases (IBDs) such as Crohn’s disease
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Seizures, including those caused by Epilepsy
Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including those caused by Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Telemedicine for medical cannabis is legal in Maine. Therefore Leafwell’s services are accessible via telehealth in Maine.
There are three simple steps to seeing a Leafwell provider in Maine to obtain your medical marijuana card:
1. Create a Leafwell account using a valid email address and choosing a password. You’ll then be asked to complete a brief questionnaire of personal and health information and to either take or upload a photograph of identification (Leafwell is required by law to verify your identity). You will need a smartphone, computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a working camera to be seen by a Leafwell provider.
2. Next, you will be taken to the virtual waiting room where you’ll be connected Leafwell provider for a video chat (i.e., a virtual doctor’s visit). (You will receive a text message to your cell phone when the provider is ready to see you.) During the video chat, the provider will assess your health situation to determine if you qualify for a medical marijuana certification.
3. If you are approved for a medical marijuana card, you’ll be sent a copy of your recommendation letter via email.
Leafwell requires the following documents for your online visit:
– Photo ID (state driver’s permit, state ID)
– Medical records (e.g. patient history, doctor’s notes, prescription information/history, imaging/scan results)
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Maine. Caregivers must also be 18 years of age.
In Maine, you can get a medical marijuana card for a minor with parental/guardian consent. Medical marijuana has been proven to be effective for many conditions suffered by children.
The Leafwell providers understand this and frequently work with parents to help them get their children the medical care they need.
Yes, medical marijuana patients in Maine can have a caregiver. To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
- Complete the following application form: https://www.maine.gov/dafs/omp/sites/maine.gov.dafs.omp/files/inline-files/OMP_MMMP_Form-001_Application-Caregiver.pdf.
- Be at least 21 years of age or above.
- Have no background of any qualifying drug offense.
- Must be registered with the Department of Health and Human Service (DHHS) by submitting a completed form and required registration fee.
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card. If you’re a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform, and the process is quick and easy.
If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal.
Maine medical marijuana recommendations are valid for one year. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we’ll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Maine, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
– 2.5 oz of flower
– 5 grams cannabis concentrate
If you have a recommendation letter, you can buy cannabis in Maine at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Also, you can grow your own cannabis – up to three mature plants, 12 immature plants and unlimited seedlings for residents 21 years of age or older.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
– Alaska ^
– Arkansas *
– California ^
– Colorado ^
– Hawaii *
– Oklahoma *
– Oregon ^
– Puerto Rico
– Washington ^
– Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
Card holders are added to the Maine Medical Use Marijuana Program but the database is not public.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Maine:
1999 – Maine voters approve Ballot Question 2, which removed state-level criminal penalties for the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients with medical need and oral or written medical opinion stating that the patient may benefit from the medical use of marijuana.
2002 – Senate Bill 611 (SB 611) is introduced, increasing the amount of useable cannabis a patient is allowed to carry to up to 2.5 ounces.
2009 – Voters approve of Question 9, which included a wider number of conditions cannabis can be recommended for.
2013 – LD 1062 is introduced, adding PTSD to the list of conditions cannabis can be recommended for.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Maine and experienced medical marijuana doctors.
We’re committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
Yes, a Medical Marijuana patient or their caregiver can grow up to three mature plants, 12 immature plants and an unlimited number of seedlings.
Leafwell connects patients to physicians online via our very own telehealth platform. You speak to a medical marijuana doctor online, and upon registration you enter a virtual clinic. This means that Maine residents can speak to a doctor and undergo an MMJ evaluation online, from anywhere in Maine. All you need is a smartphone, tablet or computer with an internet connection and working camera and microphone.
We do however, work in partnership with dispensaries and others, and have Leafwell hubs in several locations from where you can connect to a doctor online. This may not always be possible during these COVID times, but you can still qualify for MMJ online from the comfort of your own home, 7 am – 7 pm everyday. Here’s the addresses of our Maine hubs.
Leafwell MD Brunswick
408 Bath Rd Unit B Brunswick, ME 04011 United States
Leafwell MD Scarborough
3 Commercial Rd #1, Scarborough, ME 04074, United States
Leafwell MD Berwick
513 Portland St Unit #1, Berwick, ME 03901
Leafwell MD Farmington
232 Broadway, Farmington, ME 04938, USA
See A Leafwell Physician Today
Get approved for medical marijuana online from a licensed physician. Only pay if you are approved.Get Started