I recommend this place as they were very effective, simple and fast.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania
1 Year Doctor’s Certification
Instant .PDF Download
No Appointment Necessary
24/7 Online Verification
HIPAA Compliant – Privacy Guaranteed
Register on the State’s Medical Marijuana Registry website and receive a patient number. i
Register on Leafwell to speak to a licensed physician and receive your doctor's certificate. i
Pay for your medical marijuana ID card on the State’s website.
Shop at any Pennsylvania licensed dispensary. i
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our community and get exclusive updates and deals!
Trusted By 60,000+ Patients
See what patients say about Leafwell
Very fast and easy, quickest I have ever got a rec. From start to finish 10 minutes
Wonderful! Expedient service! Best service I’ve ever had, very easy process. Thank You!
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Common conditions cannabis recommended for include
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Coeliac Disease
- Crohn's Disease
- Damage to the Spinal Cord
- Dyskinetic and Spastic Movement Disorders
- Huntington's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Intractable Seizures
- Intractable Spasticity
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Neuropathic Pain
- Opioid Use Disorder
- Parkinson's Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Severe chronic/intractable pain
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Terminal Illness
- Tourette's Syndrome
Frequently Asked Questions
Recommendation letter on its own = $149 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = $50. Reduced fees of $25 for those participating in Medicaid, PACE/ PACENET, CHIP, SNAP or WIC.
Renewal fee = $99
In Pennsylvania, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana recommendation and card:
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
Damage to the Spinal Cord
Dyskinetic and Spastic Movement Disorders
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Opioid Use Disorder
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Severe chronic/intractable pain
Sickle Cell Anemia
Telemedicine for medical cannabis is legal in Pennsylvania. Therefore Leafwell’s services are accessible via telehealth in Pennsylvania. You can get started by applying for your Patient Number from the Pennsylvania DoH here.
There are four simple steps to seeing a Leafwell provider in Pennsylvania to obtain your medical marijuana card:
1. Register on the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program website. Receive your patient number immediately after registering.
2. Create a Leafwell account using a valid email address and choosing a password. You’ll then be asked to complete a brief questionnaire of personal and health information and to either take or upload a photograph of identification (Leafwell is required by law to verify your identity). You will need a smartphone, computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a working camera to be seen by a Leafwell provider.
3. Next, you will be taken to the virtual waiting room where you’ll be connected Leafwell provider for a video chat (i.e., a virtual doctor’s visit). (You will receive a text message to your cell phone when the provider is ready to see you.) During the video chat, the provider will assess your health situation to determine if you qualify for a medical marijuana certification.
4. If you are approved for a medical marijuana card, you’ll be sent a copy of your recommendation letter via email. You can then return to the Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Program website to complete your application for your card.
Leafwell requires the following documents for your online visit:
– Photo ID (e.g., driver’s permit/license, state ID, or U.S. passport)
– Proof of address (e.g., utility bill, mortgage, rental lease, bank statement)
– Medical records (e.g. patient history, doctor’s notes, prescription information/history, imaging/scan results)
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania. Caregivers must also be 21 years of age.
At the moment, our physicians in Pennsylvania are unable to see minors. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Yes, medical marijuana patients in Pennsylvania can have a caregiver. An individual 21 years of age or older, unless authorized by the department, can serve as a caregiver. Caregivers must register with the Department of Health and follow the instructions to complete a criminal history background check with the commonwealth’s authorized vendor.
In order to register as a patient’s caregiver, you must have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license or PA state-issued ID card. If the patient is already registered, you will need the patient’s name, date of birth and patient ID number.
You cannot be a caregiver if you have been convicted of a criminal offense relating to the sale or possession of drugs, narcotics or controlled substances within the last five years. Caregivers may provide care for up to five patients.
To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
- You will need to fill out a patient and caregiver application form. If the patient is already registered, you will need their patient ID number.
- You must complete the appropriate application form. All caregivers must complete a background check.
- You will need to submit a physician’s medical marijuana certificate.
- Both the Caregiver and the patient will receive a medical marijuana identification card, except in cases where a patient will not be visiting a dispensary.
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card.
If you’re a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform, and the process is quick and easy. If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal.
Pennsylvania medical marijuana recommendations are valid for one year. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we’ll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Pennsylvania, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
– 30 day supply, to be determined upon consultation
As initially enacted, only cannabis-infused pills, oils, topical ointments, tinctures or liquids were allowed.
On April 16, 2018, the state Health Secretary approved an advisory board recommendation to permit dispensaries to also begin providing herbal cannabis. Under the rule change, patients are permitted to vaporize herbal cannabis, but are still prohibited under the law from smoking. N/A recreational.
Dispensaries are allowed to sell up to a 30-day supply to a patient, with records kept for each amount obtained. Patients may re-up on their 30-day supplies during the last 7 days of their previous 30-day allotment.
If you have a medical marijuana card, you can buy cannabis in Pennsylvania at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
– Alaska ^
– Arkansas *
– California ^
– Colorado ^
– Hawaii *
– Oklahoma *
– Oregon ^
– Puerto Rico
– Washington ^
– Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
It is a requirement for a Pennsylvania medical marijuana patient to register with the Pennsylvania medical marijuana program and Department of Health. Your cannabis usage will be tracked and can be viewed by law enforcement and public safety officials.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Pennsylvania:
– 2016 – Senate Bill 3 (SB 3) is approved and signed into law by Governor Tom Wolf. State-level penalties for the possession, use and cultivation of cannabis by those with a valid medical marijuana recommendation and card are removed. Patients must register with the Pennsylvania Department of Health (DOH). Physicians must complete the Practitioner Registry in order to participate in the medical marijuana program.
– 2018 – 8 Universities were approved by Governor Wolf and the Pennsylvania Department of Health as Certified Academic Clinical Research Centres. This is a big step forward for cannabis which, despite demonstrating a number of valuable medical properties, is under-research and not understood to its fullest potential yet.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Pennsylvania and experienced medical marijuana doctors. We’re committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
No, you cannot cultivate marijuana in Pennsylvania even if you have an MMJ Card.
This is where you can access a medical marijuana doctor online if you don’t have access to a device. Please note that the opening hours will differ here, whereas if you use your own device, you can speak to a physician online in minutes using our very own telehealth platform! Our online virtual clinic is open from 7 am to 7 pm, and you can speak to a doctor using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Leafwell MD New Castle
3131 Wilmington Rd, New Castle, PA 16105, USA
Leafwell MD Reading, PA
3815 Perkiomen Ave, Reading, PA 19606, USA
Leafwell MD State College, PA
125 Rolling Ridge Dr, State College, PA 16801, USA
See A Leafwell Physician Today
Get approved for medical marijuana online from a licensed physician. Only pay if you are approved.Get Started