Get your Virginia Medical Marijuana Card Online
Quick, Simple and HIPAA Compliant
Doctor’s Certificate $199 | Renewals $149
Once you have registered with Leafwell and been approved by one of our medical marijuana doctors online, apply to the state medical marijuana program. Receive your MMJ card and start shopping for your medical cannabis from a licensed dispensary.
Register and speak to a Virginia licensed physician online.
Submit your certificate to the Virginia DoH and Board of Pharmacy.
Receive your card in the post within 7 - 10 days.
Buy your medicine in a dispensary in Virginia.
1 Year Physician's Recommendation
Instant .PDF Download
24/7 Online Verification
Speak to a Virginia Licenced Physician
HIPAA Compliant - Privacy Guaranteed
Responsive and helpful professionals with a seamless process.
Reliable, fast, and easy process. Very pleased with my experience.
Wow! I am grateful for this service. My recommendation was expiring today and I was amazed to find out I could meet the Dr. Online and speak with him directly for my renewal evaluation. My recommendation is in the mail. Thank you.
I was speaking to doctor, who was extremely easy to talk to, within minutes of accessing the website. Getting a download of my rec. took about the same amount of time. I’d recommend LeafWell to all seeking a medical marijuana rec.
Great service! Thank you for supporting the medical marijuana community.
Excellent fast service in our time of need. Staff was very helpful and attentive to our needs! Thank you
Recommendation letter on its own = $199 at Leafwell.co
State application fee = $50
Renewal fee = $149
In Virginia, the following conditions may qualify you for a medical marijuana recommendation and card:
Chronic Pain that does not respond to traditional treatments, or where opioids may be used.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) - moderate to severe
Technically, a physician may be able to recommend cannabis for any condition they deem suitable. They will, however, need to explain their decision.
Telemedicine for medical cannabis is legal in Virginia. Therefore Leafwell's services are accessible via telehealth in Virginia.
There are three simple steps to seeing a Leafwell provider in Virginia to obtain your medical marijuana card:
1. Create a Leafwell account using a valid email address and choosing a password. You'll then be asked to complete a brief questionnaire of personal and health information and to either take or upload a photograph of identification (Leafwell is required by law to verify your identity). You will need a smartphone, computer, or tablet with a reliable internet connection and a working camera to be seen by a Leafwell provider.
2. Next, you will be taken to the virtual waiting room where you'll be connected Leafwell provider for a video chat (i.e., a virtual doctor's visit). (You will receive a text message to your cell phone when the provider is ready to see you.) During the video chat, the provider will assess your health situation to determine if you qualify for a medical marijuana certification.
3. If you are approved for a medical marijuana card, you'll be sent a copy of your recommendation letter via email. You can then upload this letter to the Virginia Medical Marijuana Program state website and apply for your card there.
Leafwell requires the following documents for your online visit:
- Photo ID (e.g., driver's permit/license, state ID, or U.S. passport)
- Proof of address (e.g., utility bill, mortgage, rental lease, bank statement)
- Medical records (e.g. patient history, doctor's notes, prescription information/history, imaging/scan results)
You must be at least 18 years of age in order to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Virginia. Caregivers must also be 18 years of age.
In Virginia, you can get a medical marijuana card for a minor with parental/guardian consent. Medical marijuana has been proven to be effective for many conditions suffered by children.
The Leafwell providers understand this and frequently work with parents to help them get their children the medical care they need.
Yes, medical marijuana patients in Virginia can have a caregiver.
To apply as a caregiver, follow this process:
You can register here > https://www.license.dhp.virginia.gov/apply/
Yes, Leafwell can help you renew your medical marijuana certificate and card. If you're a returning patient, all your information is stored in our HIPAA-compliant platform, and the process is quick and easy.
If you are not already a Leafwell patient, click here to create an account and complete your renewal.
Virginia medical marijuana recommendations are valid for one year. When you use Leafwell to obtain your certificate, we'll send you a reminder email one month before your card is due to expire to make sure you have plenty of time to submit your renewal application.
In Virginia, you can possess the following amounts with a valid MMJ Card:
- Codified as "CBD or THC-A oil," each dispensed dose (single unit) must contain a minimum of 5 milligrams of cannabidiol or THC-A and may contain up to 10 milligrams of THC.
- Patients may receive up to a 90-day supply per visit to a dispensary.
- There is no limit on the number of doses comprising a patient's dosage.
- The allowed products may be in any formulation typically dispensed by pharmacies, i.e: oils, tinctures, creams, gels, capsules, tablets, sprays, lozenges, troches, patches, suppositories, lozenges, and lollipops.
If you have a medical marijuana card, you can buy medical cannabis in Virginia at a licensed dispensary or use a licensed delivery service.
Some states accept out-of-state Medical Marijuana Cards. This is called reciprocity. The following states accept out-of-state medical cannabis cards:
- Alaska ^
- Arkansas *
- California ^
- Colorado ^
- Hawaii *
- Oklahoma *
- Oregon ^
- Rhode Island
- Washington ^
- Washington D.C.
States marked with * require visitors to complete a visiting patient application for the duration of their stay.
States marked with ^ have adult use programs but do not accept out of state cards.
If your application is successful, you will be put on a state registry for medical marijuana patients by the VA Department of Health. This is not a public database.
Here is an overview of the medical marijuana laws in Virginia:
July 2020 - Virginia legalizes medical marijuana.
Yes, we do. All of the doctors who work with Leafwell are licensed physicians within Virginia and experienced medical marijuana doctors.
We're committed to working with physicians who understand the value of medical cannabis and can help people interested in trying medical marijuana and providing medical support and guidance.
No, you cannot cultivate marijuana in Virginia even if you have an MMJ Card.
Leafwell MD Vienna, Virginia
8133 Leesburg Pike Ste 510 Vienna VA 22182
Leafwell Fairfax, VA
2655 Prosperity Ave, Fairfax, VA 22031, United States
Leafwell MD Richmond, Virginia
Lauderdale Dr., Henrico, VA 23233
Leafwell Tysons, Virginia
8130 Boone Blvd, Suite 250, Tysons, VA 22182